nicstar

Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey
Always Been You - Jess Buffett I enjoyed this friends-to-lovers story. I liked the characters and felt sympathetic to their plight. Back in High School, Seth and Jared were on the verge of acknowledging how they felt about each other, when events drove them apart for eleven years. The plot had some good elements. However, I do think this book didn't fully live up to it's potential.There was opportunity to provide more depth to the characters, to share more of what happened in the time they were apart - a lot would have happened in those eleven years. Some aspects of the story were too rushed. For example, the events that lead to Seth and Jared separation were explained but only at a high level, not fully delving into the emotional fallout. In truth, Seth leaving the very next day after the graduation party and his new roommate intercepting Jared's letters and phone call , just seemed a bit too convenient. The immediate forgiveness and starting a relationship also seemed unrealistic, at least without a more detailed discussion of feelings. I also really struggled to fully understand why Jared waited two whole years after deciding to try to win Seth, before approaching him. Not only did this not make much sense when surely Seth needed support during this time, but the two year gap didn't seem necessary for the plot.Even though I think there are a number of areas where the story could have benefited from more depth, I still enjoyed reading the story of Seth and Jared. It was a nice hour spent reading of two nice guys with great families, who finally get their happy ending! But not before a bit of drama provided by the bitchy and deranged girl from high school.