nicstar

Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey

What You See Isn't Always What You Get

What You See Isn't Always What You Get - Faith Ashlin When I first started reading this book I thought the plot was slightly strange. Richard, a freedom fighter, buys and releases Denny who is a black market slave but offers him a job to teach him (Richard) about sex and intimacy. This seemed a strange arrangement to make with someone who used to be a slave with "pleasure" duties if you were serious about their right to freedom.However, as I continued reading, the story came together into a well-told tale beyond the 'slave and freedom' theme. Although there was reference to the Freedom Movement and some of their activities plus a back-story of Richard's tragic past, this was more a story about relationships.The story addresses Richard's tremendous grief and guilt, two things that are preventing him moving on from being "Grady Porter's Richard". It is about surviving and sacrifices and the ability to love.He hugged tighter, letting Richard lean on and into him. "I'm sorry he was hurt so bad, that you never got more together, that it was stolen from you both. I'm so sorry he died." He pressed an almost chaste kiss to the side of Richard's head, drawing in a breath and Richard's smell. "But I'm not sorry I've got you. I'll never be sorry about that."