nicstar

Nic Starr

Nic Starr lives in Australia where she tries to squeeze as much into her busy life as possible. Balancing the demands of a corporate career with raising a family and writing can be challenging but she wouldn’t give it up for the world.

Always a reader, the lure of m/m romance was strong and she devoured hundreds of wonderful m/m romance books before eventually realising she had some stories of her own that needed to be told!

When not writing or reading, she loves to spend time with her family–an understanding husband and two beautiful daughters–and is often found indulging in her love of cooking and planning her dream home in the country.

Sign up to Nic's Newsletter and receive a FREE ebook.

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
Jason Huffman-Black, S.A. McAuley, T.J. Klune, Abigail Roux, Eric Arvin, SJD Peterson
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey

Fantasy for Sale by Sage Marlowe

Fantasy for Sale - Sage Marlowe

The Blurb...

What's the price of reality when a fantasy is for sale?

Cam is young, sinfully sexy and willing to play without limits, a combination which makes him a fantasy turned to flesh for men and women alike - and he's for sale.

Nate is curious when it comes to carnal delights but hasn't found the right man to explore his desires with.

When a friend buys Nate a few hours of pleasure with Cam, it's not much of a surprise that Nate ends up intrigued. He keeps coming back for more and the attraction between them appears to be mutual but while Nate finds himself falling for the sexy hooker, Cam makes no secret of the fact that for him, sex is just a job.

Determined to win him over, Nathan tries to show him that sex is about more than physical satisfaction but Cam's walls seem impenetrable until a dramatic event forces him to reveal some of his secrets and Nate begins to understand that Cam pays more than just the price for the reality behind the fantasy.

So what did I think?

"Yeah, we have great chemistry - so what? If I'd known it was going to give you fuzzy, warm feelings for me, I wouldn't have done it. I warned you the last time. Open your eyes, Nate. This isn't some kind of Hollywood fairy tale. My life isn't a cliche. It is, well, what it is. Business. With all the filth and slime you'd expect around someone like me."

In some ways this story has a fairly standard plot. Nate and Cam meet while Cam is working. They have a physical relationship - hot and steamy - but Nate wants more. He falls for Cam and has hopes of rescuing him from the life he is leading. But there is a certain depth to the story as the characters reveal more about themselves.

Cam (Noel) runs from Nate, trying to protect himself, believing he can only survive if he keeps himself distant and doesn't let himself feel too much. Nate is just too tempting so Cam chooses the option of leaving rather than risk being hurt by falling in love. I was a little surprised that Nate let him walk away and waited so long to go after him!

The story culminates in Cam (Noel) finally letting Nate see more of his true self. There is no huge happy ending, more a sense that these two men might somehow make things work - while Noel isn't ready to proclaim his love, he is ready to try. This actually gave me hope that things would work out - a fresh start based on honesty without false promises.

To find out more about Sage Marlowe and his books visit his website.

Buy Fantasy for Sale from Amazon.

Source: http://wp.me/p3t48J-ol