nicstar

Nic Starr

Nic Starr lives in Australia where she tries to squeeze as much into her busy life as possible. Balancing the demands of a corporate career with raising a family and writing can be challenging but she wouldn’t give it up for the world.

Always a reader, the lure of m/m romance was strong and she devoured hundreds of wonderful m/m romance books before eventually realising she had some stories of her own that needed to be told!

When not writing or reading, she loves to spend time with her family–an understanding husband and two beautiful daughters–and is often found indulging in her love of cooking and planning her dream home in the country.

Sign up to Nic's Newsletter and receive a FREE ebook.

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
S.J.D. Peterson, Eric Arvin, Abigail Roux, T.J. Klune, S.A. McAuley, Jason Huffman-Black
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey

An Inch At A Time by Heidi Belleau and Amelia C. Gormley

An Inch at a Time - Heidi Belleau, Amelia C. Gormley

This was short but like it's predecessor, so very hot!

The Professor's Rule series

An Inch at a Time
by Heidi Belleau and Amelia C. Gormley

The blurb...

James Sheridan is failing history. Luckily, his professor is a rumored pervert, and James isn’t too proud to pay for a better grade with his body. Professor Carson lives up to his reputation, but he’s not unethical enough to take sexual bribes. What he can offer is some highly unconventional tutoring . . . creative use of a ruler included. The deal? Studying, followed by a “quiz.” Wrong answer? Spanking. Right answer? Reward. Ace the final, earn some mindblowing sex. It’s harder work than sexual bribery, but it beats the volunteer tutors at the student center.

After a few study sessions, James realizes he wants way more than a grade from Professor Carson, even if he’s not sure what that is. Carson’s a silver fox, all right, but James isn’t “bent” the way Carson is, and for him, the spankings are only supposed to be a means to an end. But the better he gets at history, the more he realizes he likes getting answers wrong just as much as getting them right.

So what did I think?

Like its predecessor, Giving an Inch, this is a seriously hot little story! All the action in the first book took place in a department store change room - one very scorching scene as Carson, who we only meet as the man on the end of the phone, directs James to do some wicked things. James hadn't had contact with Carson in over two years, not trusting his ability to stop himself from going too far under Carson's dominance - he would do anything for the man.

This book takes us back to when Carson and James first met and this time the story extends over a couple of months. From James first nervous attempt at propositioning his professor, to receiving his final grade. There is the potential for the student/professor relationship to seem inappropriate but I didn't get this sense at all. Carson's 'methods' may not be standard but he definitely provides James with the incentive he needs."But what I will never do is alter your test scores just because you refused to submit to me, James. Nor will I improve them just because you did submit. If you earn the grade, you'll have earned it by virtue of your own hard work and dedication. The method by which you do so will always be up to you. All I do is teach. And all this merely serves as...incentive."

It is wonderful to see how beautifully James responds to Carson and there is a huge sexual tension that extends throughout the story. There is also more insight given into James and his personality. Just a hint of his addiction and the things he had done to support it and perhaps why he craves what Carson gives him.

So now I am left wanting to see a number of things in book 3 - picking up immediately from this book with the continuation of James and Carson's relationship in the lead up to their separation or a continuation of the story from book 1 Giving an Inch where Carson and James meet up again after the change room incident. Or maybe a story from James' past or a more detailed look at Carson? But I'll take whatever I can get......

Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

To find out more about Heidi Belleau and her books visit her website.

To find out more about Amelia C. Gormley and her books visit her website

Buy An Inch at a Time directly from Riptide.

Buy An Inch at a Time from Amazon.

Source: http://wp.me/p3t48J-kf