nicstar

Nic Starr

Nic Starr lives in Australia where she tries to squeeze as much into her busy life as possible. Balancing the demands of a corporate career with raising a family and writing can be challenging but she wouldn’t give it up for the world.

Always a reader, the lure of m/m romance was strong and she devoured hundreds of wonderful m/m romance books before eventually realising she had some stories of her own that needed to be told!

When not writing or reading, she loves to spend time with her family–an understanding husband and two beautiful daughters–and is often found indulging in her love of cooking and planning her dream home in the country.

Sign up to Nic's Newsletter and receive a FREE ebook.

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
S.J.D. Peterson, Eric Arvin, Abigail Roux, T.J. Klune, S.A. McAuley, Jason Huffman-Black
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey
Mr. Right - G.A. Hauser,  John Ganun,  Jeffrey P. Olson (Cover Model) I enjoyed this book despite a couple of things that maybe didn't sit perfectly comfortably with me. But as I don't necessarily need to agree with a characters behaviour to enjoy a book and I did get pulled into the story.So what didn't I enjoy? I was slightly unhappy with the therapist/patient relationship between Shawn and Elliot. Sure, it was only one appointment but I had a sense that Elliot may have been taking advantage of Shawn's grief. After all, it had only been a week or so since the death of Shawn's partner Glenn. I also didn't like the reference to the slightly taboo relationship Elliot had in the past.Shawn had just lost his partner of 3 years, a man 30 years older. I liked that the relationship, even with the age difference, was portrayed as one of true love and could understand the tremendous grief that Shawn experienced. His behaviour was also understandable - people react differently and can do strange things when impacted by grief. I didn't necessarily warm to Shawn as a character, due to his actions and also finding him a bit shallow. He needed to grow up and find some sort of direction for his life.The falling in love with Elliot so quickly seemed extremely unbelievable, as did Elliot's choice of Shawn over his career, but hey, it's only a story and I wanted them to have a happy ending so I didn't think to much about it.It was definitely an interesting portrayal of grief.I now publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!