nicstar

Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey
Guarding Lucas - Mitchell E. Sanford This is such a hard story to review. It's a story that has a very emotional feel but those emotions aren't necessarily pleasant. There are so many sad elements to this story - illness, neglect, rejection, suicide and self harm - that I found myself feeling quite down. And with all this sadness, it was almost uncomfortable to see the sexual elements play out.I think the author did a wonderful job in creating a story that conveys sorrow and pain. However, although the ending touches on Lucas being in a better place, about to start his 'true life', I still felt quite unsettled at the ending - there's a sense that happiness will come but it didn't translate to the story ending on a positive note in terms of my own emotions. But sometimes that can be a good thing and it certainly had me pondering a number of issues.So my advise for readers...it's only a short story but be prepared for some serious issues to be raised. This is not your traditional romance so don't expect hearts and flowers.I now publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!