nicstar

Nic Starr

Nic Starr lives in Australia where she tries to squeeze as much into her busy life as possible. Balancing the demands of a corporate career with raising a family and writing can be challenging but she wouldn’t give it up for the world.

Always a reader, the lure of m/m romance was strong and she devoured hundreds of wonderful m/m romance books before eventually realising she had some stories of her own that needed to be told!

When not writing or reading, she loves to spend time with her family–an understanding husband and two beautiful daughters–and is often found indulging in her love of cooking and planning her dream home in the country.

Sign up to Nic's Newsletter and receive a FREE ebook.

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
S.J.D. Peterson, Eric Arvin, Abigail Roux, T.J. Klune, S.A. McAuley, Jason Huffman-Black
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey
Whatever The Cost - Lynn Kelling It is really hard to review this book as it is difficult to put into words the impression it made. I loved it, I hated it, I didn't want to read it, I couldn't put it down.From the very beginning, this story triggered a very emotional response. I was drawn to both Liam and Jacen. I could feel their pain and desperate need for each other. Told in present tense, the story expressed their fears and desires, both men trying to move beyond tragic pasts to make new lives but struggling to do so. For most of the book I found myself waiting for something bad to happen, hoping it wouldn't but knowing something was just around the corner. The author did not make this a comfortable read. "Their happiness - his and Jacen's - is not destined to last. Fate is waiting, with fangs and teeth, crouched and ready. They both sense it on some level, hidden in their hearts."Jacen is everything to Liam. "Jacen just is. He's the biggest, most constant part of Liam's life. Without Jacen, everything is hollow and ugly. Without Jacen, there is no reason to do anything, to try or strive or hope."Liam is everything to Jacen. "I have news for you, Lee, I'm not going anywhere. If it takes ten years I'll still be right beside you, waiting for you, and cherishing every second I have with you and every kiss you give me and every time you make love to me."Thank goodness there is a happy ending as I don't think my heart could have taken any more pain.4.5 stars