nicstar

Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey
Equilibrium  - Meredith Shayne Michael moves to a small town to escape his past life and the temptations of the city. He starts working as a vet and meets Ryan when he is sent to tend his injured horse. There is a slow build to the relationship between the two men but they eventually establish a comfortable relationship that is not solely based on sex. There is not a lot of emotional discussion between Michael and Ryan but still a sense of depth to their feelings.As per the title of the book, things start to come undone as Michael's past raises it's head and he heads back to the city to sort some things out, leaving Ryan behind.There is a strong focus on family and forgiveness. The emotional fallout from Michael's father's reactions to his sexuality, the acceptance shown by Ryan's family, the bond between siblings and the strength of friendship.As an Australian I loved the settings and Aussie references and language. The language was very 'naturally' Australian, not the forced, over-the-top expressions that are not typical of real Australian communication. I do have to admit to not being a very good Aussie though because I had never heard of tent-pegging. Heading over to YouTube to check it out now! :)