nicstar

Nic Starr

Nic Starr lives in Australia where she tries to squeeze as much into her busy life as possible. Balancing the demands of a corporate career with raising a family and writing can be challenging but she wouldn’t give it up for the world.

Always a reader, the lure of m/m romance was strong and she devoured hundreds of wonderful m/m romance books before eventually realising she had some stories of her own that needed to be told!

When not writing or reading, she loves to spend time with her family–an understanding husband and two beautiful daughters–and is often found indulging in her love of cooking and planning her dream home in the country.

Sign up to Nic's Newsletter and receive a FREE ebook.

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
S.J.D. Peterson, Eric Arvin, Abigail Roux, T.J. Klune, S.A. McAuley, Jason Huffman-Black
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey
Racing for the Sun - Amy Lane "I am a murderer and a thief, but if Sonny still wants me, I will call myself a good man." From the first paragraph, you know this book will be a little bit different.Sonny and Ace meet in the military. Sonny triggers a hugely protective urge in Ace and Ace looks after Sonny, protecting him from less honourable officers. Then a certain event creates a secret that binds them. When Ace is discharged his one focus is to make Sonny's dream come true.Although the men obviously have deep feelings for each other, the acknowledgement between them and the development into something more than friendship is slow to build. There is no rush into a physical relationship.There was a sense of impending doom throughout this book, lending a certain tenseness as I was waiting for something bad to happen. I think it is wonderful for a book to elicit emotions but for some reason I found it difficult to really relax into enjoying this book as a 5 star read, thus a slightly lower rating.This is a powerful story about overcoming dark pasts. It is about protectiveness, family, love and dreams.