nicstar

Nic Starr

Nic Starr lives in Australia where she tries to squeeze as much into her busy life as possible. Balancing the demands of a corporate career with raising a family and writing can be challenging but she wouldn’t give it up for the world.

Always a reader, the lure of m/m romance was strong and she devoured hundreds of wonderful m/m romance books before eventually realising she had some stories of her own that needed to be told!

When not writing or reading, she loves to spend time with her family–an understanding husband and two beautiful daughters–and is often found indulging in her love of cooking and planning her dream home in the country.

Sign up to Nic's Newsletter and receive a FREE ebook.

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
S.J.D. Peterson, Eric Arvin, Abigail Roux, T.J. Klune, S.A. McAuley, Jason Huffman-Black
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey
Press START to Play - Briana Lawrence This short story was a nice quick read although it did have a couple of shortcomings for me. Nothing to prevent reading the story, just some small annoyances.I thought the stereotypes were done well, not just the range of people at the gaming convention, but Lukis as stereotypical sports jock putting down gaming. The description of the gaming world could have been a bit too much but luckily pulled back just in time before it got boring. I also loved the character of Aaron. The way he brought Lukis down a peg or two was wonderful. I could even overlook the highly unlikely scenario that Aaron was the man that Lukis was supposed to interview.I had two main concerns with this story: it was written in the present tense which I am not a big fan of plus I found the language conventions annoying. I got sick of both characters dropping all their g's and using words such as 'ya' and 'gonna'. Maybe this was representative of how they speak where the characters come from but it grated.