Nic Starr

Nic Starr lives in Australia where she tries to squeeze as much into her busy life as possible. Balancing the demands of a corporate career with raising a family and writing can be challenging but she wouldn’t give it up for the world.

Always a reader, the lure of m/m romance was strong and she devoured hundreds of wonderful m/m romance books before eventually realising she had some stories of her own that needed to be told!

When not writing or reading, she loves to spend time with her family–an understanding husband and two beautiful daughters–and is often found indulging in her love of cooking and planning her dream home in the country.

Sign up to Nic's Newsletter and receive a FREE ebook.

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
Jason Huffman-Black, S.A. McAuley, T.J. Klune, Abigail Roux, Eric Arvin, SJD Peterson
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey
A Betting Man - Sandrine Gasq-Dion I read this story for beginning to end in one go. Sure, its not really that long but it definitely had me hooked right from the beginning. It's written in first person alternating between the two main characters.The story revolves around Kent making a bet with his buddy Blaine. The bet states that Kent has to make the next person to walk through the office door fall in love with him within six months. That person is Terry the bike courier.Kent is hiding from his past (to be honest I am not 100% sure why) and hides his southern upbringing. He is a very successful executive, with all the trappings of success, although it is clear that he is not truly happy. Terry sees through to the real man within Kent. "He's a good man. You just have to look beneath that layer of bullshit."I loved the dates that Kent and Terry went on and the gradual evolution of their relationship. They seem to balance each other so perfectly. They work well together sexually and I loved the way Kent, perhaps a little subconsciously, referred to their first encounter as 'making love'. "I had lost my straight man virginity last night. I'd made love to Terry.".It becomes clear to everyone around them, just how much they have come to love each other. But of course, the bet gets exposed and Kent needs to win back his man.The families play a role in this story and it is great to see that both men are accepted by their parents and both turn to their parents for support. "We haven't stopped loving you yet, and you've been an asshole for five years," my father drawled.The story is written with heaps of humour with some of my favourite parts coming from Kent's parents. "We're not naked!" I shouted. "Well hell," my mom poked her head around the wail. "Your father and I will leave so you can be!"The only part of the story I didn't like were the early references to Kent's sexual experiences with women. There are no actual sex scenes, just a couple of comments but I found the references to 'tits' and 'pubes' a bit crass but perhaps the language/tone was used to show Kent wasn't getting much out of the experience. Or maybe I just didn't like it because I didn't really want any m/f component in the story? Anyway, it wasn't enough to really detract from the overall enjoyment of the book.Fabulous happy ending!This book was provided by the publisher in return for a fair and honest review.