nicstar

Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey
Loving Vicente - Serena Yates What I like about this series is the love, support and happy endings. What I don't like so much is the familiarity between each story. Once again we have two young men who crushed on each other in high school but haven't seen each other in a long time. Both are very much in the closet.For some reason, even though Vicente thought he was pretty good friends with William who used to tutor him, he didn't hear from him once he left for college. Now William is back and awakened feelings in Vicente that he had kept suppressed for three years. Vicente's family would not be supportive of him being gay, particularly his gang-involved brother.This doesn't stop Vicente lusting after William and wanting to find out more about him including whether he is gay. Luckily Vicente can get information from his best friend Steve who is dating William's brother, Jason. William and Jason have a third brother, Zeke who is bisexual. "It was wishful thinking to hope the third brother was gay as well. Did that even happen? Probably not." Well, he was proven wrong because this is Riverside so of course William is also gay!Zeke's story can be found in [b:Saving Zeke|8591937|Saving Zeke (Men of Riverside, #4)|Serena Yates|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1298388987s/8591937.jpg|13461550] and Jason's story in [b:Forgiving Jason|10461159|Forgiving Jason (Men of Riverside, #5)|Serena Yates|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1303915000s/10461159.jpg|15366116]William is a shy scientist who doesn't have much relationship experience "I was always too busy studying anyway, and for a long time I just thought I was a late bloomer." "Yeah, like really late. You're almost twenty-five, man." So William and Vicente start a relationship. Drama unfolds as they try to hide the relationship from Vicente's threatening and aggressive brother but they fight to be together in the end.Relatively short, a nice couple with a good bit of drama. I wasn't sure about the relevance of William lending Vicente money to care for his father's debts and it seemed a strange thing to do so early in the relationship but it was nice to know that Vicente would get a bright future with his man and not have to face financial stress.3.5 starsI now publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!