nicstar

Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey
Pickup Men - L.C. Chase I thoroughly enjoyed this story which moved along at fairly rapid pace, keeping me involved enough to want to read it through in one sitting.From the very first chapter, there are lots of emotions and the scene is set for the rest of the book.Marty is a rodeo pickup man and makes a huge sacrifice for Tripp, a bullrider and the man he loves. The two have been together for over a year and when Marty sees Tripp in trouble, he doesn't hesitate to rush in and save him from being gored by a bull. Unfortunately Marty isn't quick enough to save himself and as he lies on the ground, injured and in pain, he stares at Tripp in the distance. Marty realises that Tripp is so far in the closet, he won't approach even as his lover lies injured and in pain. Marty knows he needs to end their relationship. "Warm liquid slithered down his temple, and he voweed that would be the only tear he'd shed. Darkness wrapped around him, pushing out sound and thought, and blessedly, the pain of broken bones and shattered dreams." And that's just chapter one!The story follows Marty and Tripp as they move from rodeo to rodeo. There is some bull riding action but most of the story explores the emotional turmoil each man is facing.Tripp wants another chance but Marty keeps strong and his friends offer support. Plus Eric, an EMT joins their group of friends, expressing a clear interest in Marty. Tripp wants nothing more than to be the man that Marty needs "Tripp berated himself, He had to stop this, had to get over his fears somehow before he lost Marty completely." but he bears tremendous guilt from the past which does not make this easy.Losing Marty, the jealously he feels when he sees Eric with Marty, and finally a push from Marty himself, finally see Tripp taking steps to address his past. But nothing is simple and the men need to face even larger hurdles if they are to be together.I enjoyed this story and the journey that Marty and Tripp needed to undertake to be together. At times I wanted to shake them to get them to see sense. Admittedly I was also confused as to why Marty gave Tripp another chance but finally understanding his history put it into perspective. This also helped me to like his as a character more. I didn't warm to Tripp at the beginning of the book but by the end I was cheering for him!This books gets points for having some big dramatic moments and of course I love grand romantic gestures so bonus points there too!I now publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!