nicstar

Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey
Secret Desires - Stormy Glenn I really liked it! I was surprised how much I enjoyed this book!I think the appeal lay in a combination of the characters and dialogue, with the characters being so engaging and with so much humour and cute flirting."...When I see something I want, what's the point in pretending I don't? And I want you, baby?""Baby?""Well, sex on a stick just seemed too long to pronounce, so, yeah, baby."The attraction is instant when Leyland and Jake meet - it's that werewolf mating thing, when you find your mate you just know it! - and they pretty much get it on straight away. The sex scenes are sizzling and I don't think I have ever read a sex scene on horseback before - very unique!With mating and claiming comes instant love and the conversation reflects this. There are some lines that should sound corny but are just adorably cute. It's so sweet to see Jake's alpha instincts kick in and him to go all protective over Leyland.The complication lies in Leyland being a tri-omega. He needs two mates and regular claiming, just to stay alive. The third in this relationship happens to be just the guy I was hoping it would turn out to be and the three together are brilliant, with the relationship being well balanced.It is so amusing the watch Jake, the Alpha, in action with his mates. "I don't understand this. I'm supposed to be the alpha here. I'm the man in charge, the ruler. How is it that neither of my mates gives me any respect? Where did I go wrong?" Jake said to no one in particular.There's a nice theme in this series about acceptance and understanding. The Tri-omega is unique and there is some question about the rest of the small pack accepting Leyland's place with their Alpha. "Gregory, I didn't ask to be born this way any more than you asked to be born below an alpha ranking.We are born to be who we are, and nothing can change that. Our only choice is how we use what we have been given."The only part of the story I really didn't enjoy was the punishment dished out to Leyland by his mates, albeit at the advise of his fathers. It was essential to the story line but I still didn't really like it as it seemed too much that they were treating him as a child.This is a story that does contain some world building, particularly in explaining the role of the tri-omega to the pack but really this is limited. The story is more focused on the relationship building.Note: There were quite a few editing errors including spelling mistakes and strange symbols in my Kindle version but they weren't too distracting for me. So just a warning in case this type of thing puts you off. The errors were less in the subsequent books I have read so far.I now publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!