nicstar

Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey
Legal Artistry - Andrew  Grey I go into the books in this series with eyes wide open, hoping and knowing that I am going to get a sweet story with warm and loving characters and a totally happy ending. Admittedly I need to be in the mood but when I need a comfort read, I can turn to Andrew Grey with confidence.Apart from a brief bit of confusion in the first chapter or so, when I realised the story had jumped ahead 3 years, this book delivered exactly what I expected and was a nice, gentle read.The story centres around Dieter, a young man who was raised by his grandmother but who is now all alone in the world. He is a quiet, gentle man with a passion for dancing but is very inexperienced with relationships.When Dieter finds out that paintings belonging to his family were confiscated by the Nazis and now reside in a museum, he engages a law firm to assist in getting them back. Gerald is assigned to the case and the two men hit is off immediately.The story weaves the romance together with the details of the legal processes being undertaken to bring back the artworks, including the two men traveling to Austria. All the background information about the war, the family and the artist plus the legal intricacies could have bogged the story down but I actually found it quite interesting. I assume the author did an awful lot of research to provide the facts here, but even if he didn't, it felt really believable and fact based.The romance between Dieter and Gerald is interesting. Dieter is innocent and adorable in Gerald's eyes, not his usual type but he is immediately drawn to him. The sex scenes are interesting as Dieter is shy and blushing, reluctant to say what he wants but he wants it all - there is quite a bit of passion! The only issue I had with the sex was the pillow talk afterwards which kept returning to the court case - it was too business-like and a bit strange given that it was usually instigated by Dieter who was also concerned that "he was just a case to Gerald."Gerald has his own issues with his family and finds himself facing up against his older brother. This case becomes an opportunity for him to make a name for himself and show his brother and father what he is made of.The tension in the story is provided by outside influences, with Dieter and Gerald largely getting on, apart from some minor worries from Dieter. And of course there is the happy ending that I always knew was coming!I now publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!