nicstar

Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey
Hidden Desires - Stormy Glenn The third book in the series, this is quite an entertaining story - quick moving and lots of humour.Thomas sees Micah, knows he's destined to be his mate but has to save him from the bullies first. He steps up in protective mode, placing himself between the smaller, delicate Micah and the men who are taunting him. He doesn't hold back in proclaiming his attraction to Micah and demanding respect at which point the bullies are surprised to learn he is gay."You're a fag?""Oh please, you need to be more politically correct when insulting someone. Don't you ever read the papers? We're progressive. We prefer the term pussy challenged. Now, get with the program, boys. My lunch date is waiting."Thomas uses his wit and humour to defuse the situation only to find that Micah has left but not before leaving him a pink rose and a note. (Luckily Micah had a rose handy!)As per the other books, sizzling hot sex without much buildup - cause when you know the guy is your mate you just go for it - instinct just demands sex and claiming!There is another incident where Thomas need to protect Micah. This time he needs to use his special skills so makes Micah close his eyes while he deals with the bad guys. Finally he resorts to calling in the pack's "clean up" crew to help him and Micah get away. Unfortunately Micah overhears some of his conversation - he must have had good hearing to overhear both sides of the conversation. "What did Jake mean by shifting? Into what? A werewolf? Really?" It's quite funny to watch he reaction to finding out this pretty momentous news but just seems to accept it, more annoyed about the lying rather than the actual werewolf thing. "Okay, it is a little weird, I think I already said that, but we all have our idiosyncrasies. Yours just seem to be a little stranger than most. So what? It still doesn't change the fact that you lied to me."The local pack is dispatched to the scene to help out and the Alpha just happens to be Micah's other mate and claims him before Thomas becomes aware. This leads into the bulk of the story - the challenges of being a threesome, the tri-omega complexities & secrets from Micah's past.I did find Caleb not very appealing when he first joins the story and at times Micah was a little annoying (referred to a spunkiness in the book). Thomas is just supportive and nice and all too kind.There were a few things that I didn't quite grasp or thought weren't well explained - Micah just leaving his old life behind, Micah's parent's behaviour, some lack of observation about Micah's physical appearance How did Thomas and Caleb not notice his scars given they were all so physical? - but I just accepted the story for what was presented.Overall, perfect book if you like a cute story filled with lots of humour and lots of very well written sex scenes!Favourite quotes:"It wasn't easy being werewolf and gay. Everyone wanted you to have cubs. The more cubs you had, the more pack members. The more pack members there were, the stronger the pack - yada, yada, yada.""We never had a first date, or a second one. We've never even had a date. We just went from hello to bed. And now I find out you're a werewolf?""Yes, I'm housebroken.""Don't you Micah me, fur ball.""I'm not real sure how this whole greeting thing works, but if you're going to try to sniff my ass I expect dinner first."3.5 starsI now publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!