nicstar

Nic Starr

Nic Starr lives in Australia where she tries to squeeze as much into her busy life as possible. Balancing the demands of a corporate career with raising a family and writing can be challenging but she wouldn’t give it up for the world.

Always a reader, the lure of m/m romance was strong and she devoured hundreds of wonderful m/m romance books before eventually realising she had some stories of her own that needed to be told!

When not writing or reading, she loves to spend time with her family–an understanding husband and two beautiful daughters–and is often found indulging in her love of cooking and planning her dream home in the country.

Sign up to Nic's Newsletter and receive a FREE ebook.

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
S.J.D. Peterson, Eric Arvin, Abigail Roux, T.J. Klune, S.A. McAuley, Jason Huffman-Black
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey
Forbidden Fruit - Edward Kendrick This one was a bit of mixed bag for me. While I enjoyed the mystery of the investigation of the case and I really liked the characters, I wanted to better understand Sam and his motivations.In this book there are a couple of things going on - solving the mystery and the romance. Sam/Sly is a PI and involved in a couple of cases over the course of this story. The main case involves murder and missing money. As Sam is trying to solve the riddle, he meets Jamie, the new waiter at his local restaurant.Jamie has been badly treated by a 'boyfriend' (I say that lightly as the boyfriend is really an abusive and controlling bully not a lover) and has been on the run from him for six months. Unfortunately he is found but luckily he has Sam to protect him.The connection between Sam and Jamie really works and the strength of the story lies in the wonderful way Sam treats Jamie. He is gentle and caring and doesn't rush him. This is not a book about sex, there's hardly even any kissing and what kissing there is, is not really even the passionate kind. It is more a story about love and trust.I guess what I didn't like was the lack of professional treatment for Jamie. For someone with his issues, not even able to be touched, he really should have gotten some counselling. Aside from this, which for some reason really stood out for me, I think his relationship with Sam was presented very well - Sam is unhurried, reassuring, loving and supportive. It was lovely how he was willing to accept a platonic relationship if that was the only way he could have Jamie in his life.I now publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!