nicstar

Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey
Black Hurricane (Boston Boys, #3) - Erica Pike "Dean fucking McQueen. Formerly Dean Summerfield. He was not only my first crush, he was the only guy I ever allowed to get close enough to break my heart. He did a thorough job of it, too."Jasper is fourteen when he falls in lust/love with sixteen year old Dean. They have an intense but complicated relationship plagued with emotional issues associated with youth and their new found sexuality.Jasper (who adopts the nickname Jazz) is scarred by the fallout and unable to form long term relationships. He has a deep seated fear of being hurt again and doesn't trust anybody, let alone Dean when they meet again years later. Dean is desperate to convince Jazz that he is a changed man and does everything in his power to lure him back.The story is full of mistrust, miscommunication and well deserved doubts. I loved the rock band setting with the performances, groupies and the media. I adored Jazz's protective and supportive friends and I really liked the bikies at the bar where Jazz worked. And the sex! The sex in this book is fabulous and steamy. The scene where Jazz and Dean make out against the back wall of the stage is so hot and they only hump against each other!The only part of the book I found that was a slight let down was the relatively rapid resolution of issues. After spending most of the book with Jazz swinging back and forth with his feelings (which is understandable), he accepts Dean's final admissions of how he 'used' Jazz when he found him again relatively easily.A bit spoilerish so I'll hide this bit..The only other concern I had initially was the young age at which Jazz started his sexual relationship but hey, losing one's virginity (or as Jazz says, losing his v-card) at a young age is often part of real life. I know for some it is pretty plain sailing but for others it isn't. Interestingly the author addressed this by Jazz admitting that he and Dean didn't know how to handle things properly at that age and that he was scarred by his experience. I liked the sense of realism given to this part of their lives but equally liked that they were able to talk about the effects and reasons and eventually move on.So in conclusion, this gets 4.5 stars because it was totally engaging, I liked the heat level and it is about a rock band!I now publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!