nicstar

Nic Starr

Nic Starr lives in Australia where she tries to squeeze as much into her busy life as possible. Balancing the demands of a corporate career with raising a family and writing can be challenging but she wouldn’t give it up for the world.

Always a reader, the lure of m/m romance was strong and she devoured hundreds of wonderful m/m romance books before eventually realising she had some stories of her own that needed to be told!

When not writing or reading, she loves to spend time with her family–an understanding husband and two beautiful daughters–and is often found indulging in her love of cooking and planning her dream home in the country.

Sign up to Nic's Newsletter and receive a FREE ebook.

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
S.J.D. Peterson, Eric Arvin, Abigail Roux, T.J. Klune, S.A. McAuley, Jason Huffman-Black
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey
Sub-Culture - Sage Marlowe I enjoy to read a story that revisits a couple and allows us to see how the relationship has developed over time. And this book is no exception. It was great to see Noah and Pierce after five years.I was a bit doubtful when the story started with so much domesticity but I needn't have worried - pretty quickly sex in the kitchen was on the agenda! Although I must admit surprise that they were up for kitchen sex with a teenage daughter in the house as I haven't heard to too many kitchens with locks!Noah and Pierce reach a turning point in their relationship. Doubts and insecurities creep in. There are secrets and lack of communication. Once again I was surprised at Pierce's brother Francis' involvement and the information he keeps from his brother. "Of course he knew. It all made perfect sense. Noah could have relied on Francis to keep his secret. Pierce had never figured out whether it was the Dom or the psychologist in Francis who protected what was confided to him so fiercely. Whichever part of him it was, he would never betray the trust put into him. Not ever for the sake of saving a failing relationship." And when it came to Noah's submission, I wanted Francis to back right off and let Pierce take the reins!My only slight criticism (and it is minor) was the repeated use of "nn-nn" in conversation. For some reason it annoyed me. Maybe because I've never actually seen it written before?This was an excellent addition to the series.I now publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!