nicstar

Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey

A Nanny for Nate

A Nanny for Nate - Lisa Worrall I found this to be a really beautiful story that deals with grief in a really sensitive way. Parker had lost his husband, Nate's father, in really tragic circumstances and was struggling to come to terms with his loss. Even a year after the event he still felt the loss terribly. He works long hours and Nate has to visits a babysitter more than is ideal and the pressure is taking it's toll on his relationship with Nate. Nate just wants his 'pop' back.When the sitter advises she is moving from town, Parker is forced to look at alternative childcare and interviews for a live-in nanny. Due to his attraction to Jake, Jake wouldn't have been his first choice but thanks to Nate's interference, Jake joins the household.Jake and Nate naturally bond but Parker struggles with his feelings, spending more and more time at the office to hide from how he really feels.I have not lost anyone in such circumstances, so cannot even pretend to understand how hard it would be to come to terms with the loss of a lover but this story had a true sense of realism. The new relationship progressed at the appropriate pace and Parker's pain and struggle was obvious. It was wonderful how his friends and loved ones wanted him to move on and find happiness but it was equally as wonderful that Jake understood that Darren was an important part of Parker and always would have a special place in the family.This was a truly lovely story. It wasn't overly long but full of emotion with a real sense of hope for second chances.I now publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!