nicstar

Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey

Improves With Age

Improves with Age - Lavinia Lewis I thought this story was wonderful. The only downfall was it was too short and I think these characters deserve a lot more time. I would definitely be interested in reading more about them.They are 'mature' characters in their late 40's (god I hate saying that as I am nearly there too and I don't feel mature or old at all!) who have seen a lot in their lives.Reece is alone after the death of his long time partner a couple of years before and Nick is out but was married with kids. Together they prove that second chances at happiness are possible.A lot of ground was covered in this relatively short story. Although I would have liked to see some more depth to the story, it still felt fulfilling with enough emotional pull to do these men justice. Relatively early in the book Nick and Reece launch into a super hot sex scene, straight into it deep and dirty. I liked that the men were passionate and sexy.The emotional connection builds between the men as they spend weeks together while Nick is working on the roof of Reece's house. It was lovely story of growing attraction and friendship and it was wonderful to see Reece's growing confidence and acceptance that he could move on and be excited about the future.I wasn't too sure of the significance of the men knowing each other in high school and being opposites back then as there is not much of a back story provided. Perhaps it was just a way for them to feel comfortable with starting a relationship fairly quickly? The focus of the story is very much on the here and now, cramming in becoming friends, a bit of drama, falling in love, meeting the parents, meeting the kids. It's an emotional story without too much action.What made it special was the insight into Reece's thoughts as he processes his feelings and of course, the happy ending!I now publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!