nicstar

Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey

Player and the Prude [Men of Holsum College 4] (Siren Publishing Classic ManLove)

Player and the Prude - Daisy Harris This book was really unexpected with it's darker side. This wasn't focused on happy-go-lucky college students, it dealt with deeper issues.As the title suggests, the main characters are opposites to each other in terms of their views towards sex and experiences.Brooks is very much out for a good time. He has no qualms with the casual hook up. A bet results in him trying his charms on Matt.Matt has had a religious upbringing and feels tremendous guilt over his sexuality, "He could hear his mother's voice in his mind, telling him he was sick and perverted, his father's voice telling him he was disgusting and going to hell." and compounded by his darker desires "He heard their laughter and happy whispers through the door at night. He knew neither one of them ever harbored the type of dark thoughts he did. Or had been wracked by sick obsessions."Brooks takes things really slow with Matt in his quest to get him into bed but in doing so, comes to know the man. It is wonderful to watch him change into a man who not only loves Matt, but stands up for him. Matt, with Brooks gentle touch and acceptance, does come out of his shell - it's almost like they meet in the middle with Brooks curbing his casual hook up and committing to one man and Matt accepting that sex outside of marriage is okay.However, and it's a big 'however', I don't think Matt's sexual desires were fully resolved. Was the sexual aggression and violence as portrayed in the book, as far as Matt would go? Did he really know his own limits? Of course the big, romantic, happy ending was perfect - I just parked my concerns about the rough play and assumed they would live happily ever after!3.5 starsI now publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!