nicstar

Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

One True Thing
Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea
Sweet Delight
Lynn Hagen
It Should Have Been You
Michael Murphy
The Prisoner (Broken, #1)
Kol Anderson
Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open
Man, Oh Man! Writing M/M Fiction for Kinks & Cash
Josh Lanyon
Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6)
Andrew Grey

Bossy and the Brat [Men of Holsum College 5] (Siren Publishing Classic ManLove)

Bossy and the Brat - Daisy Harris This is the fifth book in the series and follows the [b:Player and the Prude|15732849|Player and the Prude (Men of Holsum College, #4)|Daisy Harris|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1341250428s/15732849.jpg|21413778] which was the darkest book in the series yet. With this story, the series reverts back to the somewhat lighter side of romance as Tyler and Cal start to connect.At the start of the book, Cal has a girlfriend who moved to college with him from their small town. They haven't had sex, and Cal has used the small-town-values-sex-before-marriage thing as a excuse. But he really knows that he is not really attracted to her. She knows it too and they part ways but this all seemed a bit too easy and I would have expected more tension in the situation.It's Cal's obvious obsession with Tyler, the guy in the room across the hall, that makes his true desires evident. But Cal is reluctant to start anything mainly because he was the RA and Tyler was a freshman. Tyler is a flirt and is looking for love and a boyfriend in all the wrong places. I never totally warmed to Tyler, perhaps because he seemed quite immature. It was also a bit of a struggle to truly believe in the relationship because I never got a real sense that the men knew what was in the heart and soul of the other, the relationship seemed a bit superficial.There's lots of teasing between Cal and Tyler and it doesn't take much to get either of them going. Cal's virgin status has him focused on sex pretty much all the time! A bit of sexting takes place as Tyler sends some nude photos to Cal and there is scene where they get off while texting back and forth - phone sex seems so much easier than text sex - surely it's difficult to coordinate the texting with the other activity that's going on? :) Given Cal's lack of experience I was also a bit worried for Tyler with the shoelace thing!So all in all, I enjoyed reading this book, although perhaps not as much as the earlier books in the series.I now publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!